Main components & function description of traction home elevator -2House of Elevators
Human-Machine Interface of Home Elevator
The COP control box of a home elevator is similar to that of a public elevator. In Australia , an emergency phone call function is optional for home elevators.
However, we recommend that a keypad phone or a one-key call for help is set on the COP of home elevators.
The layout of the COP control box in the car is very flexible, which can be full height, half height, horizontal, vertical or tablet type. In addition, considering the convenience of using home elevators, the installation height of the external LOP can usually be lower than that of ordinary passenger elevators, which is convenient for the elderly or wheelchair users.
Home lift door system
The door systems commonly used in home elevators are automatic sliding doors and swing doors.
Automatic doors are divided into two types: center-open door and side -open door. In terms of aesthetics, the central door is better-looking, and in terms of practicality, the width of the side door is wider. The door height of the home elevator is usually 2000mm, and the door width is 700~800mm. If you consider the entry and exit of wheelchairs, it is recommended that the door width should be at least 700mm. The smallest automatic door opening width can be 600mm.
For the middle door, the same door width requires a wider lift shaft. For example, the width of the elevator shaft with a door opening of 700mm is at least 1550mm. Surely, door multi panels can be adopted but the equipment cost is slightly higher.
Most of the swing doors are manually open and there are also automatic openings. Swing doors are mostly aluminum alloy frame structures with decorative glass. The swing door is also equipped with a door lock and an electrical device to verify the door in place.
Swing doors usually only have hall doors and no car doors. When a home elevator is running, passengers are not allowed but may touch the inner wall of the hoistway while standing in the car, but because of the light ray sensor, if an object is detected, the elevator will stop immediately to protect the safety of passengers. A car door can also be installed, such as a manual or electric folding door, which is an extra layer of protection for passengers.
When conditions permit, the automatic door is recommended first, because the automatic door is safer and has a lower failure rate.
Traction home lift safety parts:
- A safety gear is a mechanical device that immediately stops the movement of a home elevator in an emergency. The safety gear must work with the speed governor. In order to make the speed governor sheave, driven by a rope, rotate without sliding, a speed governor rope tensioning device is required.
- Speed governor is another important safety protection part of home elevators. When the speed of the home elevator exceeds the set speed, the corresponding electrical protection action will be triggered first to cut open the operation circuit.
- The safety gear is a safety device that brakes the car and clamps it on the guide rail when the speed governor acts. It is the last protection for the safe operation of the home elevator. It is generally installed on the car and/or counterweight.
- Even if the electrical protection of the speed governor fails, the spinning weight of the governor will be locked under the action of centrifugal force. Since the speed governor and the safety gear are mechanically inked, the brake wedge of the safety gear will be pulled up to lock the elevator car on the guide rail.
- The buffer is a device installed in the pit to absorb the impact of the car and counterweight. There are hydraulic and rubber types.