What are the specific differences in elevator service contracts ?House of Elevators
A previous article has introduced that the service contract of the Home Lift can be simply categorized into a comprehensive contract and a general contract.
If the contract includes more warranty items, of course the price of the Lift Maintenance contract will be higher.
Compared with ordinary Elevator Repair Service contracts, comprehensive elevator contracts will bear more repair costs in the later period, and surely the price is also high, generally more than 5,6 thousand dollars.
A metaphor used was buying insurance. The more items covered by insurance, the higher the premium.
Ordinary elevator service contracts have fewer warranties, but are more flexible and cheaper. Additional costs are incurred only when the elevator breaks down.
So what are the specific differences between the two, and here is in conjunction with the common faults of the elevator to explain.
The following failures are listed in order of probability, most of which can be completed within the first two hours. This is just a reference, and it depends on the specific situation, such as the original design and the difficulty of installation. Special circumstances will be briefly explained.
- The most prone to failure are door locks, electrical contacts, door guide shoes (bumped and rubber parts come off)
- Then there are buttons and displays, which are greatly affected by the external environment and usage habits.
- Door motors and door drive and control. Because the elevator door has a large workload and is also an important part of the safe loop, maintenance cannot be slack and needs to be checked frequently.
- Door light curtains and controls and cables are for detecting people walking in and out. They are also prone to failure under the influence of external forces, dirt and moisture
- The pit is easy to enter the water, so the components installed in the pit are easily affected by moisture, such as the overspeed governor tension wheel and emergency stop button, buffer switch, etc. They are also the components in the safety circuit, and integrity and reliability are the prerequisites for safe operation. If only the electrical parts are to be replaced, it can be done within 2 hours. If the mechanical parts are impacted and 2 hours is at least needed.
- Other safety limit switches, such as upper and lower limiters, etc. Detect whether the elevator exceeds the highest point and the lowest point.
- Relays and contactors in the control cabinet. During the operation of the elevator, they operate on and off frequently, and the contacts will carbonize and oxidize.
- Control panels and plug-ins in the control cabinet, DC power supplies, transformers, circuit breakers, etc.
- Various circuit connections in the hoistway, if the moisture is heavy, or there is water leakage along the wall, it will cause corrosion.
- Car guide shoes will be worn out in normal use and need to be replaced regularly
- If the car safety gear triggered, before just reset, the cause needs to be found. Replacing and sanding the track, which is at least 4 hours
- The brake control of the traction elevator has a service life of about 2 to 3 years.
- Inverter braking resistor has a service life of 3 to 4 years
- The clearance and wear of the brake should be checked regularly, otherwise the motor will be prone to overcurrent and heat, and it will take at least 3 hours to adjust and replace the brake.
The introduction above is the main difference between a full service contract and a normal contract. The actual situation depends on the specific definition of the relevant clauses and cannot be generalized in short terms. Generally, it is not defined one by one, but is divided according to the location or function of the fault source and to judge if it is within the scope of the warranty. This is also covered in the previous article.
In addition to these common minor faults above, there are also some major overhauls of elevators, mainly because the main equipment has reached its service life. During major repairs, 2 to 3 people are required on site at the same time. I don’t think these would be included even in a comprehensive contract unless the health of the device is specifically apparenet. Unless the risk and subsequent costs are ignored in order to seize customers.
- The motor life of the traction elevator is about 5 years. Generally, the coils and bearings are replaced and repaired. The construction period is 3 to 5 days.
- The life of the pulley bearing varies, and it is also related to the installation position. The life is about 3 to 5 years, and the replacement period is 2 to 3 days.
- The life of the inverter is 2 to 4 years. it is responsible for the power supply and speed regulation of the motor, and the replacement period is 1 to 2 days.
- Hydraulic motors and oil pumps, because they are installed in the oil tank, have a high working environment temperature and are affected by impurities in the oil, and generally have a life span of 2 to 4 years. The replacement period is 2 to 3 days.
- If the hydraulic elevator is in operation, especially when the speed is switched, there is a jumping feeling and runs unsmoothly, usually the oil circuit or the speed control valve is faulty, and the repair period is 1 to 2 days.
- The hydraulic cylinder sealing ring has a lifespan of 4 to 5 years, and the oil leakage will become more and more serious after wear and aging. The construction period depends on the actual load capacity of the elevator, usually 3 to 5 days.
- The life of the steel cable is 3 to 5 years. When the red rust powder comes out, even if the lubricant is applied, rusting can only be delayed. After the wear appears on the outer layer of the steel cable and forms a continuous line, cables are all needed to be replaced, and the construction period is 1 to 2 days.
Knowing the above points, I think you should be able to know what details you need to pay attention to before choosing and signing a contract.
For more practical elevator knowledge sharing and other services, please subscribe to our website.