What is routine maintenance of home elevator about?House of Elevators
The use of a home elevator after a period of time will cause the wear of mechanical parts and the aging of electrical components. If you leave it alone, the service life of the elevator will be greatly shortened. Therefore, routine home elevator maintenance is very important.
Routine maintenance is to find and solve the symptoms of failure through the operation and observation, inspection and simple test of the equipment.
Home elevators are generally routinely maintained once every three months. Regular maintenance is to check, repair, replace and adjust certain parts of the equipment through the operation of the equipment, so that the conditions meet the standards and fundamentally ensure the quality of the elevator.
Screw-type home elevators are generally maintained according to the frequency of use. Taking 250 to 500 times a month as an example, it can be maintained about 2-4 times a year.
Although household elevators are not subject to mandatory acceptance, the interval for comprehensive inspections should not exceed 12 months, and the interval for regular inspections should not exceed 6 months..
So What is routine maintenance of home elevators about?
The key safety inspection items are as follows:
- Electrical Control and Safety –
Residual Current Protection, FFR, Main Wiring and Main Contactor Appearance, Ground Continuity,
- Support and Suspension Systems –
Wire head locking, cable slack and wear, sheave wheel, counterweight and minimum distance between car and buffer
- Drives and brakes –
Alarm records, preset parameters, resistance values, aging and yellowing of wiring and components
- Door locking device (for hand-pulled doors) – action sequence, working distance, contact resistance, clean and free of corrosion
A considerable part of failures are caused by the elevator hall door and car door because door contacts are electrically connected in the main safety circuit and any unexpected interruption can stop the lift.
- Micro switches
Because they are dissipated in various places and are connected in series in the safety circuit, it is necessary to regularly check whether they can operate reliably and can be reset normally.
- Devices to prevent free fall and overspeed –
Speed governor and safety gear test, whether it can be reset safely, whether the clearance is reasonable, and whether there is any displacement in the installation position
- Inspection of shaft interior surfaces (eg distances, surfaces and sharp edges) – especially vertical and horizontal surveys, try to be as consistent as possible to avoid scratching thresholds and door locks.
- Emergency lighting, emergency phone and related signs.
Regarding the leveling of home elevators, the inspection and maintenance of its related induction devices is also crucial. In general, regularly check for accidental displacement and clean the sensor surface. The relevant wiring should be placed in a wireway that is not easily disturbed and accidentally moved.
Other content that may affect the comfort of elevator operation:
- Inspect the safety touch panel or the touch panel switch and wiring of the light curtain type of the household elevator, because the frequency of opening and closing the door of the elevator is high, which will damage the cable if it is placed in an awkward position.
- Maintenance of home elevator hall doors and car doors.
Keeping good lubrication will prevent the elevator from making unpleasant sounds during operation and when the door is opened. But after the lubricating effect is achieved, it is also necessary to avoid excessive use of the lubricant to avoid contamination and attracting dust.
- Inspection and lubrication of guide shoes of the car and counterweight .
Guide shoes slide along the guide rail and an oil cup comes with a guide shoe. In order to make the elevator run without friction, it is necessary to regularly refuel oil cups and clean guide shoes.
- The traction machines of some home elevators require lubrication. If you do not refuel, it will lead to the burning of the elevator traction machine and the motor at last.
After the elevator has been running for a long time, the oil should be replaced in time to keep the traction machine clean and well lubricated.
- Hydraulic elevator also includes oil temperature, oil level, heater and oil pressure pipeline and seal inspection. Whether there is oil accumulation in the pit. Screw elevators should use grease instead of highly fluid mineral oil.
For other information about home elevators, we will continue to meet you in future articles, so stay tuned.